- Friday Evening 5:30 PM - Director Meeting on rooftop & Receive Kick Off Dinner wristbands for team
- Friday Evening 6:30 PM - Enter through the back staircase/Must have wristband on to enter. Welcome, & Contest Kick-Off Dinner & Dance
- Saturday Morning 9 AM - Competition & Awards (Held at SPI Convention Center)
- Convention Center will be cleared between events (Morning Competition and Battle of the Best)
- Saturday Evening 6:30 PM - Battle of the Best Competition, Showcase Performances & Final Awards
- Scheduling is a continuous process. The closer we get to the contest and late registrations are submitted, the schedule will be adjusted to add new entries.
- Their will be NO schedule adjustments after the Friday prior to Contest.
- Revised performance schedule will be posted by Monday.
- We understand that situations will arise and we will make every effort to accommodate your request. However, there are NO guarantees.
- Please make sure to review the initial published schedule the week of contest. Make sure to advise the Contest Coordinator of any changes/adjustments and double check spelling for accuracy.
- Email or call to make changes as soon as possible, and verify revisions online.
- The final schedule will be given to the Director upon check-in the day of contest.
Click here for court diagram and arena seating
Contest Day Check-In Procedure
- Arrive early at designated Team Entry. (Main Entrance to the Convention Center)
- Have Team in files to keep entry orderly.
- Only Directors will check team in while team and Chaperones wait outside until check-in is completed (weather permitting).
- Director will turn in all required paperwork (cleaning agreement).
- Clear all balances (without P.O.), review schedule, and inform BGD staff of any changes (adds/drops/ mistakes).
- This year we will have all music downloaded ahead of time. Make sure you have backup music.
- Directors will be given a quick tour of facilities (entrance, exit, performance & warm-up areas, assigned dressing rooms, restrooms and concessions) by our staff.
- After completion of registration and tour of facilities, team will be escorted to their dressing room. Please make note that you will be sharing with other schools. Leave all valuables at home.
- You will not have a hostess to keep you on schedule at this contest. Please make sure you keep up with time and arrive on deck at least 2 performances early.
- Adjudicators will be Dance Professionals who are selected for their knowledge, experience, and respected throughout the Dance Industry.
- It is our goal to select a Panel of Adjudicators that are well versed in all categories and committed to providing quaility critiques.
- BGD Adjudicators understand the importance of integrity and the ability to provide a fair competition for all participating teams.
- 3 Adjudicators for all Solos, Ensembles, Officers and Team performances.
- Adjudicators for Teams are College Directors, Former High School Directors, Studio Dance Professionals not affiliated with public schools who understand the art and know about what goes into perfecting, preparing and have the understanding of all categories.
- Adjudicators for Officers, Solo, Ensemble, Duets & Trios are Dance Professionals and BGD Staff members that are trained/educated dancers who are selected for their expertise and high standards.
- BGD will support all decisions made by the Adjudicators in the deduction of points for inappropriate music, costuming, or movement.
- All Adjudicators will be referred to as Judge #1, 2, 3 on all scoresheets and master talley.
The performance area is in the South Padre Convention Center. Please make note that the floor is cement. The floor size will be the same as a regulation basketball court. The main lines that will be marked will be the outer perimeter of the court, the center court line, the top of the key and volleyball hash marks.
You will be sharing space assigned with another school similar to your size. We will have pipe and drape provided for a little privacy. You will need mirrors and surge protectors to plug into.
Poms, Props, and Backdrops
- The bottom of all props should be taped or padded (foam, felt, tape) to avoid scratching or damaging the performance area. You will be responsible for any damages to the floor due to failure to properly pad props. Because it is cement floor, you might need to prevent from slipping of props.
- A property damage contract may be required by the Convention Center if competing in any one of these categories. No Tapping or Clogging directly onto the floor without proper floor coverings.
- All props, staging and backdrops will be unloaded at the back loading dock for easy access. Signs will be displayed where the dock is located.
- All set-up and breakdown of all props and backdrops should be done in a timely manner. If more time is needed, please inform our Administration so ample time will be allowed in the schedule.
- Prop drop-off and storage will be designated and coordinated by the Convention Center staff. Please be respectful and courteous to those in charge. Communicate your needs if different than what is available.
- Must be made via email to BDG or refunds will NOT be honored.
- Cancellation up until the Friday (week prior to contest) = Full Refund issued at the end of contest season.
- Cancellation after Friday (week prior or after) = No Cancellation No Refunds
- No Shows - Team does not show up for contest without notification = NO REFUND
- Cancellation of Contest by BGD = Full Refund to all registered. Fees refunded immediately.
- Host Location Cancels = Full Amount Credited to your school account to be used at another contest during that season.
- BGD will offer the participating Directors the following options:
- 50% Refund on total registration fees.
- Refund checks are issued the Monday following the Contest date.
- Full Credit towards future registration fees with BGD.
- Weather related Cancellations are approved at the discretion of management. In the event of an unforseen natural disaster or involuntary cancellation of the contest date or location, refunds will not be issued. BGD will make every effort to reschedule or relocate the contest.
- BGD Merchandise - prices range from $10.00 - $45.00
- Credit Cards are accepted
- Be sure to inform your team members to bring plenty of money for shopping and food.
- Personal videotaping will be permitted. However, no electrical outlets will be available for personal use and tripods/monopods are strictly prohibited.
- Flash photography is strictly prohibited in all performance areas for the security of our performers.
- A professional photographer will be on site to take team and candid photos following each performance.
- The Convention Center will provide a concession with its own menu.
- ABSOLUTELY NO outside food, drinks, or ice chest permitted inside Convention Center. Please plan on taking advantage of the concessions!
- A menu will be sent out along with a pre-order form for lunch and dinner.
- There will be a lost and found table for any lost items.
- A trainer or nurse will be on site.
- A first aid station will be set up with minor items.
- No medication of any sort will be given out by the Convention staff or BDG staff.
- Should you leave before the Awards Ceremony or if trophies/scorepackets are left at the host site, they will be mailed to you and you will be billed for the applicable shipping costs.
- We accept cash, checks, school's P.O.'s, Pay Pal or you can also call 713.822.7068 to pay with a Credit Card.
- Please make checks payable to: Battle Ground Dance Special Events
- Registration, Payment and Refund Policies:
- All registrations must be submitted online.
- Registrations received after the posted deadlines are subject to a $75.00 late fee. *We will not schedule performances until payment has been received in full.
- Drops and adds to the original registration must be received in writing via email or fax no later than 5 days prior to the event.
- You will be responsible for payment of all entries on your original registration unless you comply with the drop policy stated above.